- Clinical Research Courses
Welcome to the Focus Institute of Clinical Research (FICR)
Focus Institute Of Clinical Research (FICR) is a clinical research institute in providing
clinical research courses in India. We have experienced faculty with more than 5 years of experience
in the field of clinical research. Practically oriented project work helps you build a strong base in clinical research.
Clinical Research Industry - A Global Perspective
The global pharmaceutical market in clinical research is estimated at US$ 427 billion, and research & development cost is estimated at US$ 60-65 billion annually. Two thirds of this amount is spent on drug development, ie, approximately US$ 40 billion. Clinical Trials involve almost 70% of time and money of new drug development. The cost of conducting clinical trials for a new drug is approximately US$ 200-250 million.
The clinical research industry has grown around the world at an unparalleled rate in the past few years. It has opened up new vistas of employment for a large number of people. The clinical trials market worldwide is worth over US$ 45 billion and the industry has employed an estimated 2,10,000 people in the US and over 70,000 people in the UK and they form one third of the total Research & Development staff. These large numbers can be attributed to the fact that this industry offers lucrative employment opportunities. The average nominal annual salary growth across all the positions is 4% as against less than 1% for other segments.
India - a Hub for Clinical Research trials
- A vast number of medical, pharmacy and science graduates
- Sound infrastructure facilities
- Large and diverse patient pool for conducting clinical trials
- Changes in patent laws
- State of the art and yet cost-effective trial sites
- Professionalism and timely completion of projects
Clinical Research in India – The Various Career Paths
There is huge demand for qualified and trained clinical research professionals in near future. Many pharmaceutical organizations and clinical research organizations have already come forward to unlock the vast potential that India has, and are conducting clinical trials in India.
According to a report, there are more than 50,000 jobs in clinical research in India. Lack of experience is no longer a hindrance. With the influx of multinational companies setting up research facilities here, the industry is poised to grow exponentially.
Some of the career choices in Clinical Research are:
- Career in CROs / Pharma / Biotech Companies: Clinical Trail Assistant, Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Team leader, Project Manager, Medical Director, Manager Medical & Regulatory
- Career in SMO/Hospitals: Clinical Research coordinators (CRC) / Study Coordinators, Medical monitors, Associate Director – Clinical, Manager Quality Assurance
- Career in BABE Centers: Physicians, Medical Writer, Clinical Research Associate, Laboratory Technicians
- Career in IT Companies & EDC Service: Domain Consultant, Oracle Programmer, EDC Trainers, Statistician, Data Base Designer
- Career in Training Institutes: Lecturer / Trainer, Clinical Trail Management, Bio-Statistics, GCP Regulation
Whichever path interests you, a career in Clinical Research offers competitive starting salaries ranging from 1.2 to 3.6 lakhs per annum based on the job profile, plus a comprehensive benefits package & advancement opportunities. We assure 100% placement guarantee to students, so you can rest assured that joining a clinical research program in Focus Edu Care is a sure path to success.
The Focus Institute of Clinical Research Offers the Following Courses
To get additional details, such as the course fee, Please fill in the enquiry form
on the top-right corner of this page.
Browse Related Pages: